Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pinewood Derby

Our ward has an annual (well, this was the 2nd annual) - adults only - Rough & Rowdy Pinewood Derby.  There are no regulations to follow, or rules to comply with - except two...1)The husband and wife team must both contribute to the making of the derby car, and 2)no fire allowed.  There were cars filled with BBs.  And one was filled with lead.  No joke!


I suggested we make a monster truck.  Matt got to work building the body.  We went to the DI to find toy cars that we could use for parts (aka wheels).  I got online to research Matt's favorite monster truck, Bigfoot.  I did most of the exterior decorating.  And the outcome...

 The blur on the left is our car.  The blur on the right is not.  We lost.  If my camera battery wasn't about to die, I would have had enough time after taking this shot to take a picture of the truck crossing the finish line...can we say SLOW? :)

Bigfoot spent the rest of the derby chillin' in the Loser's Lounge.

But, don't let that fool you.  We didn't walk out empty handed.  The crowd voted our truck "Best Design" and we got a trophy after all!  Matt was pleased! :)
 Winner's Circle - "Herbie" was the car filled with lead.

2 comments:

Christine said...

How fun!!!

Bishop Fillmore said...

you were an awesome team. sounds like you had fun.