Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all indulged on more food than you could possibly handle. We did! And I finally used my china that we got for our wedding on my newly refurbished table and chairs!
And.....Merry Christmas!!! We opened the Christmas season officially today by cutting down our Christmas tree. We went with Christine and Steve Marshall and their two girls. We brought Wrigley too. He had a BLAST racing through the snowy forest, wounded leg and all. I was worried he would get too far from us and lose his way in the forest, but he was so good - he came back to us every time we called his name.
We were supposed to stay under a 12 ft. height limit. We thought we were pretty close. Until we got it back to the car. Yeah. 15 feet. I was wondering why it was so heavy to drag. So we lopped off about three feet. Our friends took some branches to make a wreath and tossed the stump back into the forest. We are still going to have to cut another couple of feet for it to fit in our living room, but we LOVE it! I'll load more pictures once we get it decorated (and I'll include some from Christine's camera of Matt actually cutting it down - I forgot my camera).




3 comments:
So jealous!! I LOVE fresh Christmas trees! And yours looks awesome! We've been stuck with fake ones since leaving Chicago!
WOW! What a tree!!! Elijah is jealous. We just have an 8 foot tall one that we bought at Home Depot and hauled up our elevator 19 floors. City life just isn't the same.
That tree is awesome! I bet it smelled so good! :D
Post a Comment