Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Multiple Updates

I have so much to update. Yikes. Instead of doing a bunch of different posts, I'll keep everything on this one and give each topic its own unique title. :)

My first (outdoor) flower pots
Matt was so sweet to scrounge some extra money at the beginning of the summer to buy me two large flower pots for my front steps. I had so much fun picking out the flowers to put in them. Actually, I had a hard time because I'm so indecisive - but I'm so happy with the outcome. The first pictures are from the day I planted them. The last picture is from today. That pot has really filled out!!! The rose bush is in an ugly phase right now so I didn't get an update picture of it.
I also have a tomato plant! I was worried we would only get two tomatoes from it, but we have at least eight little green 'maters with lots more buds ready to transform. Yea!

Home Away from Home
When Matt got his new job, we knew he would need to live up in W. Yellowstone. We thought about motel living, apartment living, and even renting RVs. But each of those options were so expensive. For a lot less each month, we were able to purchase a new RV trailer for him to live in. This was the last I saw of it five weeks ago as he hauled it away for his first week of work. We have pictures of the inside too, but they are on Matt's laptop so I'll have to steal them and post them later.


Work: Week 2
For his 2nd week, Matt debated leaving Sunday night vs. Monday morning. I had a yucky feeling in my stomach that he shouldn't leave Sunday. I was having a hard time letting him go again even though I knew it would be easier than the first week. At dinner time he finally decided to wait until Monday morning (4:45 I might add!). As we were cleaning up the dinner dishes, Matt noticed that water was coming out from the cabinet under the sink. After much fretting that we had a major pipe leak, Matt detected the leak was coming from the head of the hose. It had come loose and was spraying water back inside the faucet arm and down the hose to the cabinet! Easy fix!


Rexburg Air Show
We love going to the local air show. We brought Wrigley with us and he was so well-behaved. Usually he jumps on everyone that comes to pet him, but he stayed down for almost everyone!

4th of July
We had a blast spending the day with our friends Lorenz and Kari. They have an eight month old chocolate lab named Charlie. He and Wrigley are best buds! So naturally, most of our pictures from the day involve them! :) We went down to the Idaho Falls parade, had lunch at the Liberty Festival on the Greenbelt, took the dogs to the reservoir in Blackfoot for a swim (had to leave unexpectedly - see next story), barbecued at Lorenz and Kari's house, and went back to the Greenbelt for the fireworks.


Oh Marley! ...Er, I mean, Wrigley!
Have you seen the movie or read the book yet? Cuz if not, this might be a little spoiler. If you have though, do you remember Dog Beach? Oh, yes. Wrigley reenacted that scene perfectly for us on Saturday. Both dogs were having fun swimming after the tennis balls we threw in the water. Both dogs peed in the water - no big deal, you know you've done it too. Well, Wrigley decided he was done in the water and started heading out. But first, he decided he wanted to leave a little something behind. In ankle deep water, Wrigley squatted. No matter how much we yelled or pulled on his leash, he was not going anywhere until he was done. Of course, by now we were getting looks and stares from the other people, kids, and dogs playing in the water around us. Smile and wave...Okay, we'll be leaving now! Matt found a piece of scrap metal, fished the floaters out of the water, and disposed of it all in the park garbage cans. What a man!


Wrigley is NOT a swimmer!






5 comments:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Glad to see you are all doing well and that you've been keeping busy! And I am so jealous of your flower pots!! All of the flowers I planted died when we got hail two weeks ago!!

Sara Birch said...

Those flower pots are beautiful.Looks like you had a fun Fourth.

Christine said...

The flowers are beautiful and the puppies are so cute together!! :) Glad you're having fun!

S. Fantasia said...

Love your flowers and the dog-poop story is HILARIOUS!! I don't know how I would react if I saw that happening. LOL.

Is it weird that I want to see pictures of the inside of your camper? I love campers. And camping too. Although, I'll bet Matt gets sick of it and misses you like crazy while he's gone.

Anywho, I would thoroughly enjoy camper photos. :o) I know, I'm weird.

the milners said...

Steph - I'm glad you enjoyed Wrigley's poop story. As I typed it I actually pictured you giggling about it. :) So, consider it dedicated to you! lol

And don't worry, the camper pictures are on their way!