Sunday, January 9, 2011

Home for the Holidays

We were so blessed to be able to spend the holidays with our families in Chicago.  Here are some of the highlights:

 
 Riding the Metra train into the city on Christmas Eve

Family Photo Shoot at The Bean - Millennium Park, Chicago
 
 Matt & his siblings
 Matt's family
 The current Milner bunch
 Mr. & Mrs.
 More fun under The Bean

 The black building with gold top behind us is the Hard Rock Hotel,
where we stayed on our honeymoon 7 years ago!
 The Marshall Field's clock
 Chicago takes care of its pigeon problem by lighting pigeon-sized campfires, to keep them warm apparently.  Seems logical.
 The Christmas Tree on Daley Plaza

 Making Christmas breakfast - Matt definitely got his dad's mad cooking skills!
 Annual family picture in front of the tree.
 Mom said, "Don't open your stockings yet!"
 The boys opening their Leathermans.
 My nephew got this Go Fish game for Christmas.  He was undefeated.
Could it be that he was using two hands?
 
 My uncle's doing....he's a screwball.
Cousin Christie, me, sister Erin, and cousin Dana
 Ready to go to Dad's tasting for his company's spring banquet.
 With our favorite animals at Brookfield Zoo.

  
Matt did some electrical work at his parent's house.  I was his assistant.
 

Although we were there to ring in the new year, I was not feeling well so we don't have any pictures.
But HAPPY NEW YEAR anyway!!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

We were in Chicago over Christmas, too! We got there Christmas day and were there for a couple days. I wish we could've known we were both there and hung out for a few hours! It would've been so great to catch up!

Kristin Jones said...

What a fun trip, and I LOVE that it's the Marshall Field's clock and not Macy's!! :)

The Oswalds said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a fun time! I love the pic of the pigeons!