Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Busy August

A few posts ago, I mentioned that we traded our Jeep Liberty for a truck.  These pictures show our #1 reason for that trade:
Yard Work
That's what we've been doing since we got back from our family reunions in July.  Actually, it was pretty much what we were doing before we went on our family reunions.  Except, now Matt has the ability to haul the big guns - aka the monster weed mower, Bobcat, and ...
Rocks for landscaping
(For size comparison - That is the same trailer as in the top picture.  Yes, they are huge!)
In other news:
You know when you rip a blister, you sometimes have that bit of skin flapping?  Well, Wrigley ran a little too hard on the street while playing with the neighbor's dog Thursday.  He ripped three of his pads.
A friend told us to use horse wrap to bandage him because it only sticks to itself, but won't slip off his fur.  It is also strong enough that he can't get it off (he didn't even try), but it is flexible enough that he could walk relatively normal (it took some getting used to - I have a funny video).  I will never use anything else!  It's the best stuff ever!  Literally, our Ace bandage is going in the trash.  I love it!  We picked neon orange.  He's a stud!  Don't let that cute face fool you, he was in major pain.  He has been hobbling all weekend.  Today is the first day without bandages and he seems to be feeling a little better.

I picked up my first Bountiful Basket yesterday!!!  I want to hug the founder of this organization.  Everything we have started to eat so far is wonderful.
So with school starting this week - yipes!!  Okay, panic moment over.  Things are going to get busier than our summer has been.  We are still trying ever so hard to finish our yard.  Here's to hoping we get it done before the frost - it will be here before we know it, people! ^.^
My hard worker man!
Isn't he just the cutest?

0 comments: