Monday, December 29, 2008

Not Me Monday

(Okay, I know I already do the Manic Monday, but I saw this on a friend's blog and thought it would be fun to do every once in a while. For the official rules, click here.)

Sit back and enjoy while I describe just a few of the things I absolutely did NOT do this week.

I really did not almost cry when we dropped Wrigley off at the kennel. No, not me!

When our flight was delayed almost three hours on our way to Chicago, I did not laugh out loud at the stupid man trying to get a free flight out of it. I did not think he was absolutely ridiculous in his lame approach. I also did not get a horrible backache from sitting for three and a half hours in the car, plus the five hours in the airport.

On Sunday, I did not feel bad about missing Church to spend time with my family. I also did not love every extra minute that gave me with my family that day. The Irish breakfast my mom cooked was absolutely not my favorite and most delicious thing I ate that day. I did not almost get into an argument with my Grandma's husband about "technology & kids these days". Nuh-uh. Not me!

I did not enjoy the matinee of "The Christmas Carol" at the Goodman Theatre downtown Chicago on Tuesday. I did not get choked up at the thought of how fortunate I was to have been given the opportunity to see it with Matt's family. I also did not insist like a spoiled kid to get my favorite popcorn from Garrett's while we were there.

I did not love the cute saying (Always Kiss Me Goodnight) on the pillowcases we opened Christmas Eve. It was not me who screamed first at the cute picture I took of our feet in the Christmas socks from Gramma Jackson. Not me!

I was absolutely not spoiled this Christmas! I did not enjoy the silver charm bracelet from my in-laws or the Food Saver from my mom. I also did not turn to my mom, the FedEx employee, after I opened it and I did not say, "Mom, how the heck am I gonna get this home on the plane?" To which, she did not say, "Um, I think I might know someone in the shipping business, dear!" I was also not in absolute shock that all of us opened an iPod Touch Christmas morning at the Milner's. I'm still not in shock. Not at all.

I did not think it was fun to catch up with old friends at my brother-in-law's wedding reception Friday night. And that was not me who screamed when one of my best girls walked in during the middle of me not dancing the Macarena with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and her mom. Oh, and Matt did not get that on tape.

I did not get to eat the most delicious Chicago deep dish pizza for lunch on Saturday. I did not savor every bite. Nor did I stuff my self with two fat slices of it. No, not me!

I did not shed a tear or two (or three or four) when it was time to say our goodbye's.

I also did not sleep almost the entire plane ride. I did not smile at a blind woman who crossed my path in the airport. I then did not laugh at myself. My husband did not say, "Maybe she felt your smile." I did not think he was the most darling person in the airport at that moment.

And I definitely did not sleep the entire drive home.

I was not surprised by the amount of snow here when we got back. I was also not overwhelmed by the amount of digging out we will not be doing this week. I was not sad at the Christmas cards that got waterlogged in our buried mailbox. I was not happy about the bills that got waterlogged in our buried mailbox. The strange quiet in our house that night did not make me miss my puppy more. I was not unable to sleep that night in the anticipation of not getting to pick him up the next morning.

I was not so excited to see Wrigley this morning. And that feeling was not quickly extinguished over the next few hours of him not peeing everywhere in the house. He did not pick up a bad habit while in the kennel this past week. No, not our dog! But he did not make me smile again while he romped through the backyard snow. And he did not get the hang of his potty routine by the time of this post.

Overall, I did not have the best Christmas vacation! Nope. Not me!

2 comments:

Shaylen said...

That was pretty cute. :) lol

tiff snedaker said...

That was pretty funny to read :) So cool you got an ipod touch for Christmas, those are pretty amazing. I bet your Chicago pizza was soooo yummy. Glad to hear you had a good Christmas!