
Not being in the thick of the sports world out here, I didn't catch too many Cubs games this season. I pretty much just let my family keep me informed on their wins and standings. As the end of the season neared, I kept a closer eye on them myself. Of course, I was thrilled to see them clinch the central division last month. Here we go - World Series get ready - we're gonna put 100 years behind us! I made plans to watch the entire postseason, since I knew we would get every game on tv and I didn't want to miss history in the making. This, I believe, was my first mistake. Jay and Britt came over for Game 1. We ordered pizza and settled in for a great game. To my utter disappointment, the Cubs missed the mark. It's only the first game, we told everyone who showed sympathy. The next night, we settled in for Game 2. That was my second mistake. I never should have broken my tradition of non-game-watching just because my team was in the postseason. I should have continued to leave the reports for my family to make, and avoided jinxing the whole thing. Anyway, I was cheering on Big Z, and clapping for the good plays. Then inning 2 started. It was all downhill from there. Now that Game 3 is over and the Cubs are no where to be found on TBS until next year, I find myself asking, "did they ever really show up this week?" I'm not so sure.
Camden: 9 months
9 years ago




1 comments:
Don't talk about it!! We're still mourning over here!!! :(
Post a Comment