Tagged by Tiffany....
so I have to post some info on myself.
Here's how it works...
1. You have to post these rules before you complete the "middle name" facts.
2. Players must list one fact (that is somehow relevant to their life) for each letter of their middle name. Those who don’t have a middle name should use the middle name they would have liked to have had.
3. Once tagged, write a blog post containing middle name game facts.
4. At the end of the blog post, tag one person for each letter of the middle name. Don’t forget to leave a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog for rules.
M - is for Material. This is a little weird. I have a habit of feeling material. The softer the better. I don't go walk through the fabric department seeking to touch the fabric - it's not an obsessive-compulsive type thing! I don't even realize that I do it, but if I'm clothes shopping, for example, and I see something soft like a satin ribbon or something, I can't resist! Okay, you can stop laughing now! :-)
A - is for Autism. This disorder became one of my life's passions when I worked one-on-one with an Autistic boy for two years. I started the job terrified and pretty much unaware of what I was about to face. I was afforded the opportunity to work with this young man during his 4th and 5th grade school years. Luckily for me, he was what is considered a "high-functioning" individual. The district we were in provided me with some great training and learning opportunities. The disorder intrigued me from minute one. During that time, I learned more than just information about the disorder - I learned so much about life, humanity, love, trust, and friendship. That young man holds a very special place in my heart.
R - is for Resident of Idaho. Not so excited about it, but my driver's license makes it true. Matt says I better get used to it...we're here. But I can say I've seen lots of beautiful places since we've been here!
I - is for Irish. One of my dreams is to take Matt to Ireland. I went with my family eleven years ago. I still have a lot of relatives that live there. My grandparents on my mom's side were both born and raised on farms in Ireland, so it was really neat to visit their old homes while we were there. I also grew up with Irish music playing at family gatherings. I loved watching my mom show-off her Irish dances and listening to my grandma sing and play the fiddle. One of Matt's and my favorite bands plays Irish music with a modern twist - Gaelic Storm - google 'em!!
E - is for Educator. I teach 1st grade. I love it. It's the beginning of the year, so I'm exhausted and a little stressed. But I love it. There was a period of about five months when Matt and I first moved out here that I did not have a job in a school. It was the hardest five months. I absolutely love being in the atmosphere of a school - watching kids learn, talking and learning from them, and hearing their honest take on life. Just the other day, we were talking about the five senses in Science. We were looking at books about animals' senses. We learned that fish taste with their mouths and fins. Later, in review, I asked the children, "And how do fish taste?"...to which one little girl said, "They taste bad!!!" It was so cute!!
Okay, I can only tag two people because everyone else that I know that has a blog has already been tagged! SO..... STACY and STEPHANIE W. .... YOU'RE IT!
Camden: 9 months
9 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment