We had a great time in Hawaii. I apologize for these being so long. I'm planning on using my posts for our scrapbook of the trip. I also apologize for taking so long to get them put together - at least my classroom has been getting some attention!
We went with Matt's parents, grandparents, and siblings - 10 of us in all. We took a week long, inter-island cruise through Norwegian Cruise Lines from July 21 - 29. It was our first cruise ever, and our first time to Hawaii. We loved it so much that we are already talking about "when we go back..."!
We got to Honolulu on Saturday, July 21. We immediately boarded the ship, so we didn't see much at that point. The cruise line did not present us with leis, which was a little disappointing. But my wonderful husband snuck out of the check-in line and bought me a beautiful lei. Later in the week, I took it apart and pressed a few of the flowers for my scrapbook.
We set sail that evening. We were on our way to our first port, Hilo, on the Big Island. Earlier that week, a hurricane was headed for Hilo. By the time we got there, it had been downgraded to a tropical storm - GRRREAT! The waters were very choppy from the storm, so the ship was swaying all over the place. My poor Matt got seasick. :-(
Camden: 9 months
9 years ago




2 comments:
What a great trip!! I wish I could have been there...maybe the next time you go back, we can have a friend reuinon and plan to go together! That would be a blast and a half! (although Joel says that since we have already been there, there is no point going back....What nerve he has) :)
Anyway, I am glad you had such a great time. It is nice to be able to have such a wonderful memory with family involoved. You guys look great, and we are excited to see you in a few weeks! ALOHA
Wow, it looks like it was a wonderful, relaxing trip. The submarine ride looks like it was amazing! I bet that was a great experience. All of your pictures are beautiful and there are some really cute ones of you and Matt :)
Post a Comment